481 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Rd S
Areas of Expertise
- P-Card; Procurement
- Travel arranging
- Surplus (computer, equipment, etc.)
For any fiscal, procurement, PCard, travel and/or surplus (computer) related questions or concerns please contact Gary. Please contact Gary before any purchases or commitment of funds has been completed.
- Travel: Travel | Office of Business and Finance (osu.edu)
- Expenditures Policy: WMS comments- Expenditures.DOCX (osu.edu)
As has been communicated, traveling is slowly re-opening and in order to minimize health risks, financial risks, and timing please review the below tips.
- Please contact Gary Hayward (email@example.com) before any travel plans have been made, as he will be able to help navigate the necessary requirements. Nothing (including conference registration, lodging, airfare, car rental, etc.) should be purchased/expensed prior to talking with Gary.
- Domestic Travel – Gary should be contacted at least four weeks before the desired departure date.
- International Travel – Gary should be contacted at least six weeks before the desired departure date.
NOTE: An International Acknowledgement of Understanding Form must be completed and attached to the Spend Authorization before submission.
- ONLY fully vaccinated individuals should consider travel.
- All CDC travel (Travel | CDC) guidelines should be followed.
- The expectation is for, “Faculty and Staff to exercise prudent fiscal management when considering FY22 travel arrangements to determine whether in-person or virtual attendance will be most effective.” The full statement can be found here.
NOTE: When choosing in-person attendance when a virtual component is offered will require a definitive reason within the travel business purpose.
- International travel will be completely dependent upon the CDC and US Department of State guidelines.
VERY IMPORTANT: Each country will have their own set of guidelines (including pre-travel COVID-19 testing, quarantine requirements, etc.). Country-specific requirements can be viewed at COVID-19 Country Specific Information (state.gov).
- Gary will submit the Spend Authorization (previously known as Travel request or T#) within Workday. The unit Fiscal Officer (Katie Kotol) and the Unit Chair will need to approve every Spend Authorization.
Please keep in mind the above is not an all-inclusive list and as we continue to navigate both the pandemic requirements and the Workday nuances there will be changes and a significant learning curve for each of us.
If you have any questions regarding fiscal and/or travel related issues please do not hesitate to reach out to me.